- The Datalife Engine System (Minimum) Requirements: is for minimum requirements for script to be installed and all functions to work properly
- Datalife Engine Recommended System Settings: is for the website to run with best performance without interruption and best security for your website!
Datalife Engine System (Minimum) Requirements
|DLE Version||PHP Version||MySQL Support||ZLib Compression||XML Support||Iconv Supports||GD2 Lib|
|8.5||PHP 4.3.2 or higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.0||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.2||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.3||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.4||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.5||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|9.6||PHP 5.1 and higher||MySQL 4.0 and above||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
Datalife Engine Recommended System Settings
|DLE Version||Safe Mode||MySQLi Support||File Upload||output_buffering||magic_quotes_runtime||register_globals||session.auto_start|
Datalife Engine require minimum 8 MB of RAM, the recommended amount of RAM 16 MB. If your website is very big in database then higher RAM is recommended for better performance
Before install the Datalife Engine please make sure that you have your database information ready, to get your database information, please consult with your webhost
The following database information is required:
- Database Server: usually "localhost" unless your host has specific and different database name
- Database Username (database login user)
- Database Password (database login password)
- Database Name (name of database you are going to install script to)
- First, upload all files from the archive to your server at root directory (This can be done using any FTP Client software like FileZilla etc...
- Set the files and folders CHMOD (writable file permission)
- Folder: "templates" and all "sub-folders" to 777 (CHMOD 777)
- All Files in the "templates sub-folders" to 666 (CHMOD 666)
- Folder: "backup" to 777
- Folder: "uploads" to 777
- Folder: "uploads/files" to 777
- Folder: "uploads/fotos" to 777
- Folder: "uploads/posts" to 777
- Folder: "uploads/posts/thumbs" to 777
- Folder: "uploads/thumbs" to 777
- Folder: "engine/data" to 777
- Folder: "engine/cache" to 777
- Folder: "engine/cache/system" to 777
- Run the script installation by point your web browser to http://website.com/install.php
- Follow the instructions on installation pages until finish the installation.
- Remove "install.php" to prevent the repeat or overwrite the script installation
The automatic installer will check all the necessary files and configures the connection to the database. After installation is complete, you can see the script on the demo page http://website.com/index.php. To access the administration Control Panel, you must run http://website.com/admin.php
NOTE: After successfully installed the Datalife Engine you must delete the file "install.php" from the server to prevent re-install which will overwrite the existing installed data.
Upgrade Datalife Engine from older versions or demo versions:
- Create a backup of the database and all files in the Datalife Engine script on the server, this is very important, always make full backup before you perform upgrade
- Upload all files in the folder /upload/ from the archive file you have purchased (except for /templates/).
Attention: Files from the archive of the distribution, you must overwrite the existing files and folder but you must not removed the previous files and folder on the server because some of the files has been created when you first install, those files must remain on the server and remain "writable".
- Run the upgrade file from http://website.com/upgrade/index.php, and follow the instructions.
Note: The process required Administrator account to perform upgrade. So you must enter any Administrator user to start the upgrade process
- After finish upgrade, delete the folder /upgrade/ and the install.php file from your server.
- Login to Admin Control Panel, in the Control Panel main page, click "Clear SmartCache", and completely clean the browser cache and offline files
- Upgrade your existing templates files for new version compatibilities. For more information about upgrading themes, please visit our Upgrade Guide section for your specific version upgrade
- Check the settings of the script and adjust necessary settings in the administration Control Panel.
This is highly recommended because each version of Datalife Engine has some functions added into your database and settings after upgraded, it's necessary that you check those options for security reasons and spam protections
Warning: Upgrade DLE script is only possible from versions 3.5 and higher, the earlier versions are no longer supported.
- Getting Started and DLE templates One great feature of the Datalife Engine is that it is possible to use any existing designs without limitations. The Datalife Engine supports multiple templates ...
- Datalife Engine SEO and Settings Whenever you enter a query in a search engine and hit 'enter' you get a list of web results that contain that query term. Users normally tend to visit websites that are ...
- Basic Main tag and page displays The main layout of your page in the template file is "main.tpl" this is the file loads the engine in the first place and connect it to any other engine components. So ...